The Recent Happenings Around BHS

The+poster+for+hallway+music+request.+Fill+out+the+google+form+below+

The poster for hallway music request. Fill out the google form below

Daniel Botolino, Staff Writer

As we head into the dog days of winter at Barnstable High School here is some news and notes about the happenings around BHS.

1. All sporting events for Barnstable High School Athletics have been postponed until January 24. This is due to concern of Covid-19 spreading through teams and among athletes. Principal Elizabeth Freedman said in an email that was sent out to students Monday “The Superintendent and Director of Health are monitoring the situation daily and will share any other information that comes up,”.  
  2. Vape Sensors are up and running in all bathrooms. Administration has been satisfied with the accuracy of the detectors. Freedman emphasizes that the point of the sensors is to help prevent students from vaping. “We don’t want to catch students, we just don’t want them to do it,” said Freedman 
  3. Administration is currently working on bringing assemblies back for students. This includes the renaissance fair for students who have made honor rolls. They are also working on planning a mid-year assembly.
  4. Due to health and safety concerns caused by COVID-19 a winter dance is out of the question at this time. Freedman explained that because it would have to be indoors unlike the fall formal back in October, she does not believe it can be done safely right now.
  5. Meaghan O’connor Vince is currently looking for suggestions for music that will be played in the hallway during passing time. These of course have to be school appropriate, but if you would like to request a song you can click on the link below. https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfnZT3g2G3uhAP0T1H6HzOVmMWI8y0RYhMonie4t-pi3isIrg/viewform