Barnstable High School's Award-Winning Student News Site

BHS Insight

BHS Insight

BHS Insight

Polls

What was your favorite childhood summer getaway?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Homecoming Festivities Expand

Fall Festival, Football and Dance This Weekend

Hello BHS, are you ready for  Homecoming? This year’s Homecoming game will be Friday followed by the dance on Saturday. So get your school spirit on, find a good outfit and, of course, a few good friends for two nights of fun. 

Here’s the last minute information you’ll need to know about this Saturday’s dance. It’ll be from  6 to 9 P.M., and tickets are being sold during lunch for $20 until Thursday. The theme is masquerade. So make sure your mask fits your dress or suit. The event will be in the field house where there will also be snacks and games besides  dancing. 

“I’m gonna raid all the food– like all the food,”  sophomore Toby Everett said. 

For those going to the football game Friday, it will be at 6 p.m. against Newton North, but you may want to get there early because, for the first time, there will be some pre-game festivities.  The BHS food truck will be  there along with music and lawn games like cornhole from 2-5:30 p.m.  Field hockey has a home game at 3 p.m. and from 4:30-5:30 p.m., there will be cheer and pep band performances, as well as a punt, pass, kick contest. 

Thursday morning in advisory, students will be sent a google form allowing them to vote for up to three of the students nominated for their grade for the Homecoming Court, which will be announced at the end of the day.

Remember, Friday is also pink out day for both the school day and the football game, so take a lesson from Mean Girls and get your pink fit out.