Rolling Rally Makes Its Return

DECA+builds+a+float+for+the+pep+rally+

Photo by Alex Arabadzhiev

DECA builds a float for the pep rally

Evan Fishback, Staff writer

For the first time in two years Barnstable High School is having a rolling pep rally. It will be held this Wednesday, Nov.24, at noon.

The pep rally will begin on Main Street, Hyannis and make its way down Sea Street, finishing up at South Street, making the route essentially a big “U”. For those who attended the last pep rally, the route will be longer; this is to allow for more people to attend the rally and be spaced farther apart due to the pandemic.

The parade will have a variety of different   clubs, sports teams ,  teachers and staff. Barnstable teachers and staff will be the Grand Marshals for the rally with the fire department starting it off. Students will then see floats contributed by the Girls Field Hockey team, Girls Volleyball team, the Football team, the Cheer team, DECA, the Silver Bullets Football and Cheer teams, as well as Centerville Elementary.

Demanche doesn’t want the aforementioned list of floats to be the end though. If anyone is interested in signing up a float all they have to do is go to Barnstablefootball.com and click the link underneath the large “Rolling Rally Parade” banner.

The goal of the parade is, “just to have some fun and bring support to students and athletes,”  said Cathy Demanche, who is in charge of the event and encourages students to wear red and to support local businesses along Main Street by shopping there after the rally.

https://barnstablefootball.com/