Barnstable High School's Award-Winning Student News Site

BHS Insight

BHS Insight

BHS Insight

Polls

What was your favorite childhood summer getaway?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

K-POP Review; NMIXX’s Latest Release

JYPs newest K-POP group NMIXX has been a group since 2022. This release counts as their fourth album.
JYP’s newest K-POP group NMIXX has been a group since 2022. This release counts as their fourth album.

Fe304 is NMIXX’s second “mini album”. The songs are in both Korean and English. Keeping with the style of their first mini album it’s in the mixx pop genre. In mixx pop you blend multiple genres together. As a matter of fact mixx pop was coined by NMIXX. This is a seven-song album spanning just 21 minutes with a mixture of Korean and English. Fe304 is the chemical symbol for magnetite, a magnetic substance. NMIXX hopes that this album will attract listeners seeing as their first album was not the best received.. According to the members themselves, the meaning behind this album is they hope to build a society free of prejudice. It should be noted that they have created a universe with their music, as in these songs don’t represent real life but this fictional universe. This practice of making up storylines for groups is very common in K-Pop. They repeatedly bring in the message of chasing your dream with no hesitation. From Sonar repeating the line “Come to Dream” and Passionfruit repeating “ No need for hesitation”. Overall, this album is very short, but it’s not bad. Once the spring comes however I feel the songs will be dated. The sound will be out and it will be forgotten. The songs aren’t as memorable as their others and they will just fade. So I rate it a 7/10. See the february magazine issue for further album reviews.