Top Sledding Spots On Cape Cod

Sledding scene at Old Barnstable Golf Course captured by Dan Botolino.

Daniel Botolino, Staff Writer

With winter now in full swing, we have already seen snow on Cape Cod and it seems inevitable that we will get  more. Here are a few of the best spots to take advantage of that snow and do some sledding.

Old Barnstable Golf Course:

My go-to is Old Barnstable. It usually isn’t too crowded and the main sledding spot is a hill that is small in width but long in length. Oftentimes there will be a ramp that has already been made for you. The downside is that it is a bit of a hike from the parking lot. There is plenty of room to play in snow around it which is a plus as well.

Wianno Golf Course:

Located in Osterville, this course is exclusive in the summer, but in the winter it is an excellent place to go sledding. This is excellent if you have younger siblings because it has one large hill to sled on,but also multiple smaller ones for them to use. Freshman Harry Clark says it is always fun and he loves to go with his friends.

Sandwich Hollows Golf Course:

A top place outside of Barnstable is Sandwich Hollows. Right next to the parking lot they have one of the best hills on Cape Cod. It is wide and quite steep. It is fun for all ages. With that being said it tends to be fairly crowded, so if you are looking for a less busy spot on that course, you can take a stroll down to hole 16 you will have a nice private hill. But warning, this hill does have a lot of small brushes and branches around it .

Holly Ridge:

Another hot spot in Sandwich, this might be the most convenient spot outside of Barnstable. It is a great place to go with your friends from Sandwich, as there are multiple hills to use. If you are going, be aware that this is the main spot for Sandwich residents. As Sandwich High School Junior Makena Clark said, Sandwich Students have “all been going there since  middle school and basically grew together there.”

Other Top Spots:

Hyannis Golf Course

Bayberry Golf Course in West Yarmouth

Kingsway Golf Course in Yarmouth Port

Do you have a favorite sledding spot that we didn’t mention? Leave it in a comment below.