Emmanuel Acho Steps Up As New Bachelor Host

Sailor Ciluzzi, Staff Writer

This week’s episode of “The Bachelor” was the Women Tell All edition with host Chris Harrison. Women Tell All wasn’t very entertaining, it just rehashed a lot of the drama between the women. Many people, including myself, were questioning if it would air because of Harrison’s racist words in his interview with former bachelorette, Rachael Lindsay, regarding the Rachael Kirkconnell situation. 

After the 25th Bachelor season aired on January 4, I came across various unexpected and sickening accusations of Kirkconnell on several social media platforms.

A TikTok user posted a video accusing Kirkconnell of being a hypocrite for dating Matt James since Kirkconnell used to make fun of this person for liking black guys in high school. 

More and more allegations of Kirkconnell spread each day, one of them being her in a photo at an old south antebellum party in 2018. 

Weeks went by, and Bachelor Nation didn’t see any form of communication from Kirkconnell regarding these allegations. Finally, she released an apology on her Instagram. She didn’t deny any of the rumors, and she owned up to her past. 

Harrison and Lindsay talk about Kirkconnell’s racist acts on ExtraTV. Lindsay brought up the picture of Kirkconnell at the old south antebellum party in 2018. Harrison said, “Well Rachael, is it a good look in 2018, or is it not a good look in 2021?” She fiercely responded and said, “It’s not a good look ever, she’s celebrating the old south.”

Hearing Harrison say that was shocking because I always looked up to him as a great, humble host to Bachelor Nation. 

After the release of this interview, Bachelor Nation, including myself, were extremely upset with Harrison’s hurtful words, and he soon released an apology stating he is taking some time away as the host of the show. I am guessing we will not see any more of Harrison after the final rose of James’s season. 

Shortly after his announcement, the Bachelor franchise announced Emmanuel Acho as our new host. Acho is a former NFL player and best-selling author of Uncomfortable Conversations with a Black Man. He also has a popular Youtube channel  where he publishes some of these conversations, and they’re really good so check them out. Acho also hosts a Fox sports show, Speak for Yourself, and is a musician. 

I am excited to learn more about Acho and see him serve as the host to Bachelor Nation, and I think he will do a great job.