Stickers for Sharks

Molly McNulty, Staff Writer

What started as a class assignment for BHS senior Liv Eldridge progressed into a community wide sticker campaign and media presence. Eldridge’s shark class had to make a social media account for their “make a movement” project. “ I decided I wanted to take the assignment a step further because sharks are really important to me,” said Eldridge.
She designed the stickers herself using Custom Ink and spread the word to friends, family, clubs and people within the community. Liv has raised over $50 in proceeds which go directly to the Atlantic White Shark Conservancy. This organization emphasizes the importance of sharks within our ecosystem and strives to depict sharks not as monsters but as exquisite creatures.
On Tuesday, Dec. 11 a “Stop the Bleed” training session was held at Barnstable High School. Liv Eldridge organized this event working with Officer Stampfl and Atlantic White Shark Conservancy.
Stop the Bleed is a national awareness campaign and call-to-action.This course is designed to train individuals on what to do as an immediate responder in a bleeding emergency and covers the ABCs of bleeding as a method to stop an active bleed. The course includes a class presentation and hands-on skills demonstration on tourniquet application, wound packing, and pressure application.