New Staff Welcomed to BHS

Brendan Clark, Staff Writer

This year, Barnstable High School welcomes 25 new staff members, all with varied backgrounds. Some have worked in Barnstable for more than a decade, whereas others are brand new. The following is a handful of the new staff and their thoughts on BHS.

Lauren Anthony

Special Education Department

School Adjustment Counselor

Anthony worked in Brockton for six years, Wareham for seven, and at Plymouth South for two before coming to Barnstable. Anthony said that her first days have been filled with “great people who have been kind and helpful” and said that she is excited to “meet all of my students and tackle my extensive caseload.”

Robert Donehey

Housemaster

Houcse C

Donehey, formerly the Vice Principal both at Barnstable Intermediate School and Barnstable United Elementary, has worked in Barnstable for more than a decade. Donehey said that his first days have been “awesome” and that he enjoys “seeing my former students all grown up.”

Charles Egan

Art Department

Woodworking & Industrial Arts

Egan has taught for 35 years. Egan instructs two sections of eighth grade in addition to his position as a woodworking educator. On his first days at BHS, Egan said that they “have been busy” but that his fellow teachers have been “very helpful and welcoming.” On the students, Egan says that they “have been great.”

Patricia Gardiner

Science Department

Eighth Grade Science

Gardiner has worked in Barnstable for 24 years as a science teacher at BIS, Department Head of grades 6 and 7, and as the interim Vice Principal at BIS for several months. Gardiner said that she is  so happy that I moved to the High School! I love the energy here and I love when my older students come visit and I get to see how great they are doing!”

Kristina Rigoli

Science Department

Eighth Grade Biology

After completing her student-teaching and being a long-term substitute at BHS, Rigoli took a full-time position and said that she “fell in love with the spirit and culture at BHS” and feels that the “students are passionate, hardworking, and philanthropic.”

Simone Romig

Foreign Language Department

Spanish

Romig, who formerly taught Spanish in Boston, said that she feels “fortunate to work with a team of incredible professionals who strive to achieve academic excellence in our school.”

Tabitha Thomas

House E/Guidance

School Psychologist

Thomas has worked in Barnstable for eight years, first at Barnstable Intermediate School and most recently at Hyannis West Elementary School. Thomas said she “feels like this is the place where I belong.”

Tianzhou Ye

Foreign Language Department

Latin

Ye formerly taught at a private middle school in Western Massachusetts and said that her first days at BHS have been “smooth, thanks to my mentor Ms. Miklosky, my colleague Ms. Hungerford, and Ms. Lytle.” Ye said that her students are “hardworking, intelligent, and have a great sense of humor.”