BHS Prom and Celebration Make for a Night to Remember

Emma Childs, Staff Writer

On Friday, May 30th students gathered at the Cape Cod Conference Center for a Prom to be remembered. The students exited their vehicles at around six-thirty p.m. and walked the stretch to the building. They were met by smiling family and friends eager to see all the dressed up students enter the building. The venue had circular tables with big flower centerpieces and glittering ice sculptures all around for decorations. At around ten-thirty p.m., all the nominees for Prom Court were called to the dance floor but Jojo Leveroni and Nathan Yinling took home the crowns as Prom King and Queen. The actual dance itself lasted from seven o’clock p.m. until eleven o’clock p.m and students danced their hearts out.

But for many, the highpoint of the night was the after prom party, Celebration. Many girls ditched their elegant gowns and replaced them with spandex and the boys traded their dress shoes for sneakers and partook in activities that lasted from midnight to five a.m.

Josiah Estabrooks, a graduating senior, said, “Prom was a good time but Celebration exceeded my expectations.” The Fieldhouse and Upper Gym were transformed into a transcontinental journey as the students went Around the World. “I loved the smoothies in the Tiki Room but the massive bouncy slide outside takes the cake,” Estabrooks said. The fieldhouse was decked out with everything from a Chinese sit down area with Chinese food to a faux African Safari where students were able to pose in front of a green screen. This massive event was a great way for many to end their high school experience on a high note.